10/11/07

Protesters angry over govt immigration policies

way to go AC/DC crew chur

Protesters have gathered outside a Melbourne hotel where Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews is speaking today.

They are demonstrating against the new Australian Citizenship Test and the Government's immigration policy.

Last week Kevin Andrews stated a failure of Africans to assimilate to Australian society was the reason behind the cut in the intake of African refugees.

Sudanese refugee David Vincent has daubed his face with white zinc cream in protest.

He says the Government only wants white migrants.

"I'm trying to understand. (I) thought maybe I colour my skin white so that maybe that would please Kevin Andrews to see that I am trying so hard to intergrate in to Australia," he said.

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/11/2056475.htm?section=justin

No comments: